Blueprint Sports powers the industry’s leading name, image, and likeness (NIL) collectives for alumni, supporters, and businesses around student-athletes at their favorite universities.
Blueprint Sports has partnered with collectives across the country so that their student-athletes are able to maximize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) in the community. This position would oversee revenue generation and student-athlete engagements at collectives within the Blueprint Sports portfolio that do not currently have in-market staffing.
This position will be fully remote with a preference for being based in Las Vegas, NV, the national office for Blueprint Sports, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, or Indianapolis, IN. This position will work remotely with the Blueprint Sports National Team to help executive boards run these collectives and more.
• Revenue Generation – Work with donors and local businesses who wish to engage with these student-athletes. Raise new revenue from identified donors, businesses, and individuals. Provide strategic summaries and plan meetings with key donors/supporters.
• Donor Relations – Be the point of contact for the donor advisory board in each market on strategies, activation, and fundraising.
• Marketing & Events – Work with the Blueprint Sports national marketing and communications team on the planning and executing in-game, around-town, and national media strategies. Plan and manage engaging events in the community to promote the collective and attract new supporters.
• Student-Athlete Recruitment Onboarding – Identify and sign up student-athletes to the platform so that they may opt into NIL deals.
• Student-Athlete Engagements – Plan, organize, and manage all successful engagements and events with student-athletes. Help prepare and communicate the proper documentation for Student-Athletes and the University/College compliance office.
• Athletics Administration – Work with the collective advisory board to be the primary liaison with the athletic department administration for compliance reporting, integrating with multi-media, marketing, development, and more.
• Student-Athlete Customer Service – Offer 24/7 service while managing expectations with the student-athletes, the advisory board, key community supporters, brands, businesses, and the compliance office.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university
• At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience in account management, sports sponsorships, or college athletics and professional sports business experience
• Sales or Fundraising experience is strongly desired
• Demonstrated understanding of Name, Image, and Likeness as it relates to the collegiate athletics space
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
Mike Smith joined Micconope 1851 in March 2023 and is excited to be the General Manager and looks forward to working with Blueprint Sports increase NIL revenue generation for Florida State University student-athletes. Smith comes to Micconope 1851 from Catawba College where he held the title as the Senior Director of Athletics, Development. Prior to working in Athletics at Catawba College, Mike served as the Associate Athletics Director for External Relations at Charleston Southern University. Smith has an impressive background in the collegiate athletics industry, having held senior level development and corporate sponsorship sales roles at The University of Southern Mississippi, Limestone University, the Sun Belt Conference, Florida Atlantic University, and with multimedia rights-holders Tele South Communications at the University of Mississippi, Learfield Sports at UNC Chapel Hill, and with International Sports Properties at Georgia Tech. Smith is a graduate of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, and holds a master’s degree in Business Management from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In his new role here at Micconppe 1851, Smith will be responsible for raising major gifts for NIL deals as well as securing NIL corporate sponsorships for Florida State University student-athletes. Mike looks forward to helping ensure the FSU student-athletes have the resources and leadership opportunities to remain competitive nationally and positioned for success well beyond graduation. Mike is married to Katy Smith; the couple looks forward to relocating to Tallahassee, Florida, and becoming a part of the Micconope 1851 and Seminole family!